- TPAC has retained a prominent lobbying firm, Aaron Read & Associates, to watch out for our interests in the Legislature and to advance issues important to the taxi industry. This includes full-time legislative and regulatory agency representation, including monitoring, lobbying, and reporting on measures of concern to the industry and its consumers.
- LIFTPAC, the Legislative Involvement For Taxicab Paratransit Association of California Political Action Committee, contributes funds to the campaigns of state legislators who support our industry’s point of view. This enables the taxi and paratransit industry to take an active roll in campaigns to elect representatives that understand our industry.
- Clearinghouse for information on Employment Development Department (EDD) and Department of Industrial Relations independent contractor/employee audit activity within the industry, sharing such information with TPAC members confronting an audit situation.
- Continuing involvement in precedent-setting court cases in the area of driver classification of independence versus employment.
Products and Services
- We maintain a Reward Fund Program to assist in the apprehension of persons attacking and/or injuring drivers. Informants whose information leads to the arrest and conviction of the assailant are given a cash reward. Members receive decals to place in the windows of their vehicles as a deterrent to potential violent acts.
- Access the TPAC membership list
- Distribute periodic reports on legislative and regulatory issues
- Distribution of screened news clippings articles relating to the industry from major daily California publications
- Respond to individual member requests for information and assistance on specific issues
- Conduct special workshops, as required, on issues of immediate concern at different locations throughout the state.
- Annual Convention and Trade Show held at different locations each year with educational programs and social events.
Please consider this your invitation to join TPAC, your industry’s state trade association, and take advantage of the many services available to assist you in being as successful as possible in your business.